Online Voter Tools--http://www.campuselect.org/online-voter-tools.html
2008 State Successes: http://www.campuselect.org/2008-state-successes.html
Smartphone App for Voters -- http://www.866ourvote.org/pages/election-protection-smartphone-app
With more and more students using Smartphones, there's a powerful new app that can let them use their Smartphones to navigate the voting process. Key partners of CEEP, like Rock the Vote and the Lawyers Committee on Civil Rights, have been working on it for close to two years. The Election Protection Smartphone App is downloadable for free for both iPhones and Androids. It's a great tool to help students surmount the electoral barriers using the technologies they most rely on. Help us spread the word to your students by working with your IT Department and get students connected to important voter information at the palm of their hand!
The app allows students to:
· Verify their registration and register to vote;
· Look up their polling place;
· Review key voting rules and regulations for their state;
· See what type of machine they will vote on;
· Receive notifications of late breaking news affecting voting in their area; and
· Contact Election Protection via phone or email to report a problem or get answers to their questions.
By setting up a customized sign-up page for your campus, you will be able track student registrations and follow up with text messages or emails to highlight important dates and campus events. See this document to view the application guide, including suggestions of how you may get the word out to your community through email, campus websites, and social media.